Monday, July 7, 2014

Cronut Creation


Hello readers:


I am Chris and I am building a video game.

The process of creating a video game can be very opaque, particularly for those who are not involved in the game industry. My friends who back video games on Kickstarter, for example, love to see updates, although many of the KS-friendly updates are just PR posts.

"Hey we're doing some cool artwork, take a look."
"Hey, check out this cool rendering we have on our main character."
"Here's an interview with our famous founder!"

Don't get me wrong; those are all awesome, especially when the founder is a game visionary.
But they generally don't really take you inside the process of video game creation.
That IS what I want to do with this blog, however. I want you to see the minutae of creating... whatever I end up creating.

Does that mean some of the posts will be silly or boring or confusing? Mmmm, probably. But hopefully the journey will be worth it. Much like the delicious cronut, each layer of flaky goodness is tasty, but all together the experience is transcendent!

... okay, maybe I just need to eat some lunch. Then we can get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment