Tuesday, July 29, 2014

GaymerX Review (and excuse the unexpected break)

... Whoops!

Meant to write an update right after GaymerX, but ended up getting swamped on a few projects.
In any case, here I am.

GaymerX
GaymerX was a great experience. It was a very inclusive environment where some of the details some might consider small could be considered just significant enough. One example: You are encouraged to write your preferred gender pronoun(s) on your nametag, so

I spoke on a panel with industry members from Six Foot (who is the publisher for Petroglyph Studios) and Arena Net. Our panel was entitled "Coming Out in the Game Industry."

Each of us told a bit of our coming out story in the game industry, as well as our personal ones as relevant. I will find a link for our panel's video once it surfaces. I thought it was a really well-received panel, not least of which was the fact that our panel's moderator Mathew
At the end of the panel he pulled up the post in front of the audience and read the responses. Happily, all of the comments were very positive and supportive.
Anderson came out during our panel.


There are some more in-depth articles about GaymerX. Here is a good one on Gamasutra by Mata Haggis, who is also involved in the next thing I'd like to mention from GaymerX: Fragments of Him.

Fragments of Him

I don't want to spoil much about it. It is a game that was being demoed at GaymerX and really resonated with me.

So despite my lack of much information, you SHOULD check the game out.

First, watch the trailer for it:


now go play/buy it.

You can pre-order the game NOW!
Check it out at GaymerX.Fragmentsofhim.com - if you go before August 1, it is 37% off! Hooray, savings. :-)

(They did not ask me to post this, but the game affected me emotionally, so I wanted to make sure others had a chance to check it out.)

I'll be back later this week to talk more about the Arena game; promise!

-- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment